Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I broke the two little pins on a key cylinder lock housing…

Customer Question
I broke the two...

I broke the two little pins on a key cylinder lock housing that go to the electrical system on a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis. How do I fix it. because now the car work start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Ok tell me Please

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Well yesterday i glue it on the cylinder housing so I will make contact with the cylinder lock key electrical part of the cylinder lock key. I seem to hold but I want it to dry I hope it holds. I haven't try it yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?

Well check out the starter electrical circuit and it ok.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/1/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain which pins you are referring to, are they part of the key and tumbler or are they part of the the steering column. Post back wit complete information and we can work from there.

they are a part of the steering colonum the outer housing for the key lock cylinder.

Would it be possible for you to take picture of the broken piece and post it here so I can see it ?

I need to see a picture of what you talking about before I can make a call.

I don't have a picture and the lady I was working on her car said I with fired so no picture.

Okay so dose that mean the lady is not having you do this repair?

if he can't answer my question can I cancel this question. I can't get text with link on this phone no internet.

I can answer your question but I need complete information to under stand what you are needing. If you have access to a computer have a look at the link below and see if you can tell me the part name you are referring to. You will not be able to view the file on a phone.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/steering%20diagram%20Mar%201.pdf

Mercury Mechanic: John Vieira, Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic replied 2 years ago
John Vieira
John Vieira, Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
Phone call session started