Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

97 mercury tracer. how can i check the fuel injectors?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
2/27/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you asking how to test power or ground pulses to it or how to test that they are working properly?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

let me tell you what it is doing. was running great but all of a sudden you have to keep your foot on the gas and break if you come to a stop or it will die out. it also has lost allot of power when accelerating.
i have changed the plugs and power pack and inspected vacume lines but still the same. the previous owner a just spoke to and they think last time it did this it was the o2 sensor.
any help is much apreciated. also no check engine light. i have a friend that is bringing a code reader over and see if that will tell us anything. thanks,
scott

I apologize for the delay.

If there are any codes set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This should be checked and done first here.

If this issue with lack of power and having to hold foot on gas and brake occurs when driving and if there is a lack of power at park or neutral this may be an issue with the fuel pump itself being weak needing replaced,a restricted fuel filter or possibly an issue with a restricted catalytic converter needing replaced.All of these will need to be tested with the proper test equipment to locate and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician