Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Lincoln Mercury. My keys (with fob attached)

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Lincoln Mercury. My keys (with fob attached) were stolen several months ago, and I had the ignition re-keyed, but could not afford to have the FOB reprogrammed. I have reason to believe that the person is gaining access to to my car, as I have had beer dumped inside the car, and things stolen from the interior as well as from the trunk compartment. I believe the person who has my FOB is harassing me, as I keep finding my doors unlocked or my interior light on. Please tell me if there is a way I can disable the stolen FOB.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercury. The Mercury Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Most certainly!

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing! As I said, I re-keyed the ignition, but could not afford to disable the FOB. It rtecently dawned on me that there must be a way to disable the FOB, but I don't have a clue how it can be done

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mercury Mechanic should know about your Mercury?

No. It's a 2002 Mercury Sable.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
2/21/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The keyless entry components are housed inside the GEM module. You would disable a large majority of the car disabling the GEM. Options are you can buy a new remote at Auto Zone for 44$ or ebay for 10$. Then follow the steps below to program it to your car. Once you have programmed one or more new remotes to your car, the old remotes will no longer work. The next option is to find someone you trust with working remotes similar to yours and program them to your car, then your old remotes will no longer work, but the person you trust can unlock your car.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/remote.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Do you need more assistance on this concern?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician