Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Findley I have a 2002 Mercury Cougar with a 2.5 v6 in it the

Customer Question

Findley I have a 2002 Mercury Cougar with a 2.5 v6 in it the knock sensor has been an unbolted and its just hanging down on the back side of the block I'm not sure exactly where is the knock sensor should be bolted every bolt hole I've seen on the back side of the block it's too big I'm thinking it probably goes up under the upper plenum if you have the correct location on it sure would be appreciated
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the knock sensor has a hole in it that a bolt goes through other than that I cannot give you any more detail
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The Knock sensor on your 2.5 engine mounts on the right rear side of the engine block. The hole in it is as you suspect the mounting hole. See the replacement steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Knock%20sensor%20Feb%2019.pdf