Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have been having issues with my 2000 Mercury mountaineer…

Customer Question
Hi, I have been having...
Hi, I have been having issues with my 2000 Mercury mountaineer starting.. It is not the battery or fuel pump not sure what it could be. The car clicks but does not fully start. Any ideas? Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
2/11/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Is there power to the starter wire when the key is turned?

I believe so, how exactly would you be able to tell?

You can check at the starter with a test light or a volt meter. There is a pinpoint test that can be done to determine if it is the starter or something other than the starter.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Mercury Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?