Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

2005 mercury marque will not shift from park to drive until

Customer Question
engine warms. car is...
2005 mercury marque will not shift from park to drive until engine warms. car is in clearwater fl so cold weather not a factor. thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after engine warm up problem does not exist.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs checked here is to see if the transmission fluid level is at the correct level.If found low the leak needs located in the transmission and repaired then the fluid topped off.

If found to be o.k. what can cause this here that I have seen is a fault with either the transmission fluid pump being weak needing replaced or an issue with the pressure control/regulating solenoid sometimes in the valve body can cause this as well.

The transmission fluid pressure would need tested to see if any of these are found to be at fault and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue here.This will require a transmission fluid pressure gauge to do this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician