Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

93 cougar 3.8.. New module, coil, rotor, still no.fire

Customer Question
93 cougar 3.8.. New module...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
1/27/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Are you able to do some testing If I send you the steps?

One other common cause for the lack of spark on your 3.8 can be caused by a failed distributor pick up coil. In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Stator%20Jan%2026.pdf

Post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

I spent 15 dollars on that answer and can't even get to the link

I can re-post the link for you if you would like, please be sure to print it out as it will time out over time. You are not charged until you rate the help you have received .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20Feb%204.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.