Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to hook a subwoofer up in son's 96 grand ***** *****.

Customer Question
Trying to hook a...

Trying to hook a subwoofer up in son's 96 grand ***** *****. There is a wire clip that is not being used. Trying to figure out if that is speaker wire or...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just trying to figure out what, if anything, I can hook the sub to

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Where are you wanting to grab a + and - speaker signal from, the rear speakers or the radio?

From the amp. There is a two prong female clip that is coming off the amp and is not being used. Not sure what that is for, or if there is some other way to hook up the sub

Below is a link showing what each wire at the amp and sub does.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/mercurySUB.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Do you need more help on this concern?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician