Amedee
Amedee, Mercury Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Heat was working fine in my car and then the outside temp

Customer Question

Heat was working fine in my car and then the outside temp dropped to zerp degrees and heat only blows cold air. when the outside temp is higher the heat works normal again. also top rad hose is hot but doesnt feel like any pressure inside of it.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction 99 cougar
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you witrh your question. This is caused by low coolant level, air pockets in the cooling system and or a bad thermostat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coolant tank is full. not sure if it is getting where it needs to go though. and not sure how to bleed the coolant system to get the air pockets out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine is also running at normal temp not changing at all.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You can bleed the cooling system by warming up The engine with the radiator cap off. Must do this when it's cold. But if that's not the problem then I would suspect a bad thermostat plug radiator or heater core.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

.