Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

1997 grand ***** ***** GS that wont crank, does this model

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** ***** ***** ***** GS that wont crank, does this model require a transponder key. I have checked all fuses.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Bought this car for 100 because it wouldnt start. I have checked battery, connections, fuses, starter. No crank. I think maybe is requires a transponder Key? How can I know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** these use a transponder key, what key did you get with it?