Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

SJ2000 merc, villager, Code 88, Outside recirculator timeout

Customer Question

Customer: SJ2000 merc, villager, Code 88, Outside recirculator timeout
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A/C, defrost or just plain heat....Blower motor responds to dash controls, but volume or velocity of what is coming out is equivilent to baby's breath
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If there is a fault with the recirculation actuator on the heater box this can cause air flow intake to be restricted in some cases and can cause this issue here.I have seen the recirculation actuator fail before needing replaced to correct this fault here.If you can post the year of this model here let me know as this will help as I may be able to locate some more info on this actuator and heater/ac system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete