Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I HAVE A 1996 MECURY VILLAGER 1996. I HAVE WINDOW RELAY

Customer Question

Customer: HI, I HAVE A 1996 MECURY VILLAGER 1996. I HAVE WINDOW RELAY PROBLEM. I HAD THE DOOR REPLACE TO 1994 VILLAGER. THE DOOR HAS THE WINDOW RELAY BETWEEN THE DOOR AND DOOR PANEL. WHILE THE 1996 HAS THE RELAY SOMEWHERE UNDER THE DASH. NOW WHEN I CHANGE THE DOOR AROUND THE RIGHT WINDOW WORKS BUT IN THE REVERSE MODE UP IS DOWN AND DOWN IS UP. FOR THE DRIVER DOOR I ONLY HAVE UP MODE AND NO DOWN MODE. I KNOW I HAVE TO FIND THE RELAY UNDER THE DASH AND SWITH WIRE AROUND. I HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST I HAVE OVER 37 YEARS EXPIEREINCE IN FORDS MOSTLY FROM THE YEARS 1964 TO PRESENT. THIS MY FIRST ISSUE WITH THIS TYPE OF CAR. CAN YOU ME TO GET THE WIRING DIAGRAM AND WHICH WIRE TO REVERSE AND TO REATCH. OR I HAVE TO PUT THE OLD WIRING HARNESS FROM THE OLD DOOR. THANK YOU FOR HELPING.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I JUST GAVE YOU THE DETAILS
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I get the VIN number of the vehicle you need a wiring diagram for the power windows? Thank you!