Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 sablè, the anti theft system has been

Customer Question
activated and I cannot rest...
I have a 2002 sablè, the anti theft system has been activated and I cannot rest it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic

Factory or Aftermarket?
Does the Dash display "THEFT" or "SECURITY"?
How many Factory Mercury Ignition Keys do you have for this car?

when did this start?

I believe it is Factory installed (my daughter bought it used.
"Theft" flashes on and off all the time.
She has two keys
She arrived at a destination and the car would not start

Close hood, trunk & Lock ALL doors with Remote or Door Lock Switch
Leave car "undisturbed" for at least 15 minutes.
Unlock car with Remote or Key
Turn ignition on & start
please let me know what happens

that did not work, I should add that the drivers door does not lock with the electric button or the remote only manualy

.

???

thanks........that would have been useful...........
At this point, if the "THEFT" Light is still flashing when attempting to start:
Disconnect Battery Positve & Negative Cables, for apprx 1 hour
Be sure Battery is "fully charged"
IF you are not sure, charge or Jumper Battery
Reconnect & try starting
IF the "THEFT" Light continues to flash, then there is a issue with the Transponder of the Key & the Factory Security System
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program
apprx 1 hour labor
Be sure to have "both Keys" Programmed as "Master Keys"

No I had it towed to a dealership

that will likely be the best, ***** ***** appears the Transponder is not communicating from what you have posted & the Battery is good
let me know if you need further

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mecury Mechanic