A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Can someone give me a pin-out (point test procedure) to test

Customer Question

Can someone give me a pin-out (point test procedure) to test the power unlock function of the driver door? All other doors lock and unlock fine, driver door will lock but not unlock. Function is the same whether using remote or master switch. Already tried new actuator and new master switch.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've read of wire breaks from the SJB to the door, so that's what I'm trying to follow. And also to verify integrity of the SJB (I assume the control module for the door lock system is built in the SJB?)
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

We have seen wires breaking in the rubber boots in the door jambs. But you could also just have a bad drivers door lock switch. It sends a ground signal in the lock side of the switch and has a resistor in the switch to lower the ground signal back for unlock.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok good, got me confused there for a minute.I have already tried a new master switch, same issue.I did mention it's a 2006, right?That wire break is the same thing I've heard of,but it's a bit of a tight spot to try and do a continuity test on that short wire.Do you have a wire diagram available from the SJB to the door? And specify which one I should be testing?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Below is the wiring diagram and the connector pin out charts for both the SJB and the drivers door lock/window switch panel.