EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

06 two wheel drive mountaineer overdrive button is not

Customer Question

06 two wheel drive mountaineer overdrive button is not coming on and has hard shift into first gear.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Do you mean that it is hard to shift the lever out of PARK, into DRIVE?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No coming to a stop transfer shifting down when it goes to low hard shift. I had computer refreshed by Ford because I replaced abs unit could that make this happen?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

That should have nothing to do with it. If you are shifting it down manually while coming to a stop it is normal that there will be a hard shift. You are overriding the transmissions downshifting strategy. But the overdrive light not working is certainly an issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not shifting it manualy
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I misunderstood what transfer shifting was. These transmissions do have some internal problems. Can I have the VIN number to verify which transmission is in your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4m2eu38856zj00308
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. DO you know if the dealer reprogrammed the abs module and the engines computer? Because when you replace the abs module you need to program it back to the truck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ford dealer programed abs to truck
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

OK. There is a service bulletin from Ford where you should have the engines computer, and the transmissions computer reprogrammed to a new service level to stop the issue you are having.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I thank you for viewing my last response. Please let me know if you have further questions on this. And also please rate the service I provided. Thank you.