Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

Intermittently my 2001 Mercury sable alarm light on the dash

Customer Question
intermittently my 2001 Mercury...
intermittently my 2001 Mercury sable alarm light on the dash will flash and the car will not start also my auto Head lights will not come on,Though they work with the h/lamp switch.
I would appreciate your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
I am having trouble signing in and hove no file #
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/2/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

If the theft light is flashing rapid at times when trying to start the vehicle. That means the key is damaged or worn out or the PATS transceiver around the ignition lock cylinder is faulty. When you say auto headlights are you referring to the ones that come on automatically when it gets dark or the daytime running lights that come on when the vehicle is started?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to leave 1-5 star feedback when you can. If am not able to get every post rated I will no longer be able to help customers here. Selecting a star rating good or bad or not at all, has no effect on the fee you have been charged.

I mean the headlamps don't come on when the ign key is turned on and why will the engine crank over but don't start?

Just to make sure I understand, your car has the daytime running light feature where as the headlights are on all the time the key is on as long as the parking brake is not applied?

If the engine will crank but not start and the theft light is flashing while doing this, then the PCM thinks your a thief and using a screwdriver to start the vehicle resulting in the computer shutting down the fuel pump and fuel injectors.

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician