How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Eric Your Own Question
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Category: Mercury
Satisfied Customers: 32033
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
Type Your Mercury Question Here...
Eric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On a 94 mercury capri brake master cylinder there is a

Customer Question

On a 94 mercury capri brake master cylinder there is a sensor (made out of plastic with wire coming out of it) on bottom of master cylinder, inside of sensor there is a pin about one inch long, is there a "O"ring or rubber gasket that goes around this pin? I have brake fluid coming out around the wire. And, how does this one inch pin go back in place(with pointed end in master cylinder or pointed end in plastic sensor)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.


There should be an o-ring there and usually comes in the rebuild kit, but you may have to purchase it as part of the brake fluid level sensor. The pin goes in the master cylinder