Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis it is coming up on 100K

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis it is coming up on 100K miles. I was having a problem with an ignition coil and replaced this .. it seems no problems.
A few days later the car did not start .. it sort os sounded strangled .. like there was proper ignitiin sequence but no fuel.
After letting it rest for about 45 seconds the car started normally.
This has now happen twice more ... I want to handle this proactively and not get stuck. Do you have any guesses as to the cause ?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the engine does not want to start turn the key on and take a look at the check engine light and see if it comes on with the key and goes out while cranking, check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.