Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I have a 2002 Mercury Cougar. The torque converter, ICV, and

Customer Question

Chris, I have a 2002 Mercury Cougar. The torque converter, ICV, and CAT were just replaced with new OEM parts.... The transmission was rebuilt. The car is showing no DTCs, however the check transaxle indicator continues to flash. Your thoughts?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

The flashing trans light, does mean there are trans codes stored. However most generic tools can not access trans codes. It takes a better tool. If your tool can not see what the trans fluid temperature is then the tool is not good enough to get the codes.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris