Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

05 Sable Vulcan, 98K miles Made continuous growling rotating

Customer Question

05 Sable Vulcan, 98K miles
Made continuous growling rotating noise from front of engine til I shut it off. Reminiscent of a compressor clutch fIlure I hD lSt year on my taurus. When I restRted, noise disPpeRed. 20 miles later, check engine light, wouldn't idle, had to drive with continuous foot on accelerTor. Gave code P1633; starts ok but will not run without giving it gas
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Check fuse 10A under the hood to be sure the fuse is in place and has battery voltage on both sides. If the fuse is blown or missing, replace the fuse and recheck operation. Verify the idle speed control is operating as it should. If the fuse blows, disconnect the A/C compressor clutch and recheck operation. If the problem is still present, remove the Black/Yellow (BK/YE) wire from pin 6 of connector C270a at the interior fuse panel and recheck operation. If the problem is gone, suspect that the compressor clutch diode is shorted. The diode is part of the interior fuse panel so replacing the fuse panel is required. If the fuse no longer blows with the compressor disconnected, replace the shorted compressor clutch. If the fuse still blows with the A/C compressor disconnected, disconnect the IACV and recheck operation. If the fuse no longer blows, suspect a shorted IACV.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris