Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

I recently installed a pioneer sph-da210 in my 2006

Customer Question
mountaineer and lost all steering...
I recently installed a pioneer sph-da210 in my 2006 mountaineer and lost all steering wheel controls. There were 3 harnesses connected to factory stereo I purchased wire harness kit and installed using 2 harnesses, power supply and factory amp harnesses. Leaving 1 out . I assume there lies the problem why stereo and sub are working but not my fan, cruise, or stereo controls. Is there an adapter I can buy to fix this with my new stereo?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
Answered in 1 day by:
8/23/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician

Are you sure the signals the steering wheel controls send out are even an option on this radio you. Rarely will aftermarket radios communicate with OEM switches and amps

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician