Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I have a 91 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. It is flooding with

Customer Question

I have a 91 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. It is flooding with gas and I have replaced the fuel injectors already and I'm still having the same problem. Could you tell me what could be another reason for this?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One other common cause for this engine to over fueling can be caused by a failing fuel pressure regulator, You can check this by installing a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail service port and monitor the fuel pressure, normal pressure should be right at 30 to 45 PSI and not exceed 45 PSI, I would also remove the vacuum line from the regulator and see if there are any signs of fuel in the line which would indicate the regulator is leaking. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there.