Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury PREMIER MOUNTAINEER: MY 2007 MERCURY MONTAINEER PREMIER

Customer Question

MY 2007 MERCURY MONTAINEER PREMIER 8 CY. KEEPS CUTTING BACK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. I HAVE HAD A MECHANIC CHECK AND THE TRNSMISSION IS O. K. I HAVE NEW
SPARK PLUGS , ALL NEW FILTERS BUT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE IT SKIPS TWO OR THREE
TIMES. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS NOT COME ON. THE MECHANIC'S COMPUTER
SHOWS IT IS HE ENGINE BUT HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS. ANY
ADVISE?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Has your tech checked mode 6 data and power balance to see if you have one or more coils weak and failing? Your symptoms seem to fit this possible cause the closest. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris