Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am looking on troubleshooting an oil pump

Customer Question
i am looking for info...
i am looking for info on troubleshooting an oil pump for 99 merc mountaineer
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercury
I also would like to know if I do need to change the oil pump do you have to remove the engine to change it or can you get to it while the truck is on a lift?
6/14/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
I need to know which engine you have to get the steps you need?The engine has to be removed and partially disassembled to get the oil pump out for both the 4.0 SOHC and 5.0 engine. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris