Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Mercury Montego Premier: My 2007 Mercury Montego is is making

Customer Question

My 2007 Mercury Montego is is making a loud screeching noise when the A/C is on and then broke the serpentine belt what is wrong with the car
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The problem you are describing could very likely be cause by the AC compressor being locked up, before you reinstall the belt, take your hand and see if you can turn the compressor by hand. If it does not turn then its locked up and that would also cause the belt to break.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short