Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercury Mountaineer: Alvin. I am going crazy my key

Customer Question
Hello Alvin. I am...
Hello Alvin. I am going crazy my key is stuck in the ignition for a long time now cause I can't afford to get it fixed but I just read a three yr old response you gave someone with the same problem. They told me it was in the colum because I don't have to push the button to change gears but also what made me write to you was your response with the battery stuff. There was a point when my battery died and I needed a jump and somehow when I turned the key it came out but the car didn't start not enough juice nod I had to put it back in and it started but the key is forever stuck again. I am a woman and use to doing things on my own but I'm not sure about this. Can you help me with a quick fix?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mercury
5/29/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
If you remove fuse 8 15amp from under the dash, will the key come out?
If so then we need to see why not or if the ignition lock is getting energized. Open the file below and let me know if you first off understand the tests at hand.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ignitionlock.png
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris