Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Mercury Grand Marquis: My courtesy lights will not turn off.

Customer Question

My courtesy lights will not turn off. Any suggestions?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This fault here is usually caused by an internal electrical fault in the illuminated entry control module as it sends the signals to turn on the interior courtesy lights.The signals are controlled by the door handle switches so there is a chance one of the switches in one of the door handles has shorted internally needing replaced as well.
The signals from the switches and illuminated control module will need tested to locate which is the cause here and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete