Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Have 04 grand marquis its flooding its self out and when running

Customer Question

have 04 grand marquis its flooding its self out and when running idl up and down when turn off it dnt want to start back up
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hi Any warning lights on?Any repairs done so far?If you apply throttle and raise the rpm, will it idle smooth?Can you get it to start at full throttle?Are you in need of any maintenance items?My thoughts are a vacuum leak, or an injector one or more that is stuck open. It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have had new fuel pump new IDC valve new tps and was told it could be my fuel rail sensor yes I get full throttle it just act like it's flooded out or not getting gas I also changed my sending unit
Thanks for addressing the 5 questions and checking the 2 things I mentioned possible to blame. Right now can you get the vehicle running or will it only crank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will run after sitting over night if I go to the store and come back home it won't start back up till the next day
When it will not start, just cranks. What is the fuel pressure, is there good ignition spark, and are the fuel injectors pulsing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never checked the injectors and fuel pump up good
Can you check those things, so we can move on to more steps if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll do it in the morning and I'll let u no
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked injectors there working good I took fuel pressure regulator off and gas went everywhere I put it back on and car started up I had to keep pushing on gas pedal black smoke came out and car cut off now it's flooding itself out
With out a diagnostic tool to perform an injector flow test. you can remove the fuel rail and injectors, then wrap each injector while still connected in newspaper, turn the key form off to run many times, never cranking the engine to see if any leak as well as let it sit with the key off to see which injector leaks. The paper will change appearance when gas soaked.