Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

Mecury grand marquis ls: I have a 91 mecury grang marquis I

Customer Question
I have a 91 mecury...
I have a 91 mecury grang marquis I just had the spark plugs,wires,rotor cap,button,fuel injectors, fuel filter done and its still shaking real badly when shifting into second gear what could be the problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercury
4/30/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are sure the problem is not a shudder caused by the transmission then the next thing you need to do is to install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail service port and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring, normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 32 to 45 PSI. I would also run a complete engine compression test to be sure the compression is with in specs. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work rom there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician