Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercury Marquis: my cruise control went out omn my 2001 marquis.

my cruise control went out...
my cruise control went out omn my
2001 marquis. How can I fix it
4/14/2015
Mercury Mechanic: Thomas, Mercury Technician replied 7 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Mercury Technician
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you fix your automotive problem today. The most common cause of the cruise to be out is the brake switch on the master cylinder. When the switch goes out it stops the cruise from working. The switch is on recall thru Ford. The fix for it has been to install a fuse the the switch. If the switch is leaking brake fluid they replaced it. The switch should have 12v on the two wires going to it for the cruise control to work.
Here is a youtube video that should help. The switch looks a little different but it's the same principle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQLSAXzcgs
Thomas
Thomas, Mercury Technician