Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

i recently replaced 6 coils and plugs plus repaired pcm board

on my 06 mercury milan...
i recently replaced 6 coils and plugs plus repaired pcm board on my 06 mercury milan v6. after replacing the fuse my car started with no problem but after driving it a while my check engine came on. I am getting a code P050B. I found for a 07 milan it could be intake air temp sensor in the air cleaner housing either bad or unplugged or may need to replace the mass air flow sensor. Does this sound right?
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/18/2013
Tim's Auto Repair

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

im not showing that your car would give a p050b code..

tims auto repair :

can you check the code again?

tims auto repair :

please give me the code #

Customer:

It is P050B Cold start ignition timing performance

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

please stand by

tims auto repair :

i will opt out

tims auto repair :

maybe one of the other guys has info on this code

tims auto repair :

someone will be right with you

Josie-Mod
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

I don't know what more information you would need. It's a pretty straight forward question.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
I received no answer and paid for one. I am still waiting!!
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Below is the definition of the code P050B from the factory Ford shop manual.

COLD START IGNITION TIMING PERFORMANCE.

Did you have this code before replacing all 6 coils, spark plugs and the PCM repair?

no, I was driving my car when the engine light came on. I was driving to get it checked when it started to flash. Within two to three minutes the car lost power. I tried to start it and it would not turn over. I had to have it towed. When my mechanic checked it there were two coils burnt out. So the six coils were replaced and the pcm board was repaired.

when trying to start it would crank but not start. The pcm fuse was burnt so it was replaced. The car then started and when I drove it it drove a little rough for about a minute then was fine. After driving for about 20 minutes the check engine light came on and the code was the P050B code when tested. All the possible problems associated with that code has been checked out and we are still unable to find a solution.

Did you have the PCM (Engine Computer) repaired or replaced?

repaired, all new circuits put in mine.

Was that code there before the PCM was repaired?

Where did you get the coils?
Ford or auto parts store?

The reason is this code P0050B is leaning towards a bad PCM internal circuits.

Coils were purchased online distributor.they are delphi coils not sure of first code will have to check
I would recommend Ford/Motorcraft coils and also have the PCM rechecked by who rebuilt it.

you asked what the first code was before the car died, they codes were P0353 Coil C primary/Sec circuit malfunction P0355 Coil E and P0356 Coil F the same

Those are coil driver failures internal in the PCM. I would get a replacement PCM for the vehicle. Since the P050B was not there before the repair, the problem is in the PCM.

A. Penland
A. Penland
A. Penland