CTMercuryTech
CTMercuryTech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lincoln Mercury Factory Trained
9926638

Vents..I have no smoke coming from my exhaust..first start

Smoke came from my a/c vents when I started up my car. On checking my oil it was completely empty. I have no smoke coming from my exhaust, just a little smoke when I first start up. None of my instruments were lit up.I filled up with new oil. Could it be something beside my motor?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  CTMercuryTech replied 6 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the Mercury Expert assisting you out today.

Smoke coming out of the vents is usually the indication of a blown heater core inside the heater box. The heater core is a small radiator type looking part that gives the heat to the cab of the car. When it leaks, coolant will leak into the box and then this will cause the smoke or steam from the vents.