Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 20+ Years
28939717

Mercury Mountaineer 4x4 CANT GET POWER TO THE POWER WINDOW

CANT GET POWER TO THE POWER WINDOW SWITCH. NO WINDOWS WORK WE HAVE TESTED FUSES RELAYS ETC. WE PUT POWER TO THE LARGE BLUE & BLACK WIRE AT THE SWITCH AND ALL THE WINDOWS WORK. THIS ON A 2004 MERC. MOUNTAINEER. POWER LOCKS WORK. WE DONT HAVE ANY MANUALS.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

I'm Paul and I will help you with your Question

there is a common problem with the wires breaking in the door jam

where the harness runs from the body into the door you need to find the break in the light blue/black wire inside the door jam... this is almost always the area where the problem occurs

let me know what you find and if you need more help

Paul

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We are having a hard time getting the wires exposed in the rubber sleeve connecting to the door & pillar post. Is it a good idea to slit this rubber to get to the wires? Or what is the best way to get to repair this wire? Also does #62 CB control the power windows on this montaineer?

the rubber should pull out of both sides the door and the body... so you can get better access to the wires... if you have to you can unplug the connectors that plug into the inside of the car and slide the wires out to get the rubber boot off.

the boot should pop off both sides to allow you to look for damaged wires

Paul

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There no room to look for a broken wire. The wires are tied in a bundle. Can we cut the rubber boot to give use more room? And is there a quick boot replacement like they use on cv joints?

if you can get at the wires you have 2 choices

cut the boot with a razar blade and tape up when done..

or follow the wires that go into the body unplugging them from inside and pull them out the body hole then you can slide the boot over the harness

Paul