Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

I need Smart Junction Box for 2004 SablePart # 4F1Z-15K604-DA

Customer Question
I need Smart Junction Box...
I need Smart Junction Box for 2004 Sable
Part # XXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mercury
4/4/2011
Mercury Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master replied 6 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Hi. There are several options for ordering a smart junction box, depending in if you have daytime running lights, keyless entry, remote keyless entry etc... If I can please have the VIN number I can look up the correct application for your car and give you the part number and price. Thanks, Eric
EricFromCT
Vin #1MEFM55S844603542
Ok, Thank you. Be right back!
EricFromCT
I just tried to enter the VIN and it is not correct. Please recheck the VIN and get back to me. It is also on a sticker in the drivers door jamb area. Thanks
EricFromCT
1MEFM55S84A603542
Ok thanks.
Eric,

Did you find anything and if so where and how do I get the part.

Yes. Hold on 1 sec please

Ok. The part number that matches your VIN is 4F1Z-15604-DA. The price is 235.51. To purchase this fuse box you need to visit the parts department of a local dealer. They will have to order if from Ford. Also, note that your security keys may need to be reprogrammed after installing this fuse box. As it holds the programmed key information. Thanks, Eric

I was told that the part is obsolete and they had checked and no Ford dealers have this
part because it is not made. I thought they had to make the parts for 10 years after the
car has been made.
I don't know about the 10 year thing, but I am at the dealer now. Let me check and get back to you.
Ok. Who ever you talked to is correct. i just checked with my parts department and it is obsolete. That really sucks. For whatever reason Fords manufacturer is not producing them anymore. There are only 2 options now. 1 is to go to a junkyard for a used one. The second option is my parts department was able to locate 1. But it is at a dealer in Puerto Rico. The name is Autos Vegas. And the number is 787-782-4030. They may be able to sell you that one. I am as frustrated as you are about this. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
EricFromCT
EricFromCT