Mercury

Mercury Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercury

Mercury Monterey Premier What does code P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure

Customer Question
What does code P0193 Fuel...
What does code P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input mean and how do I fix it?
Also, code P0401 EGR flow insufficient and how do I fix that? Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mercury
3/30/2011
Mercury Mechanic: John Mc, Mercury Technician replied 6 years ago
John Mc
John Mc, Mercury Technician

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Mercury dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

P0193 is an easily fixed code. It is caused by a bad fuel rail pressure sensor. This is located on the top of the engine between the valve cover and intake manifold and is very easy to replace. I believe the sensors cost around $100 and will take about 5 minutes to replace. The second problem P0401 is caused by a bad egr valve. This is also very easy to replace but I believe these cost around $200 to $250. You can replace both of these parts by yourself and save some money on the labor. Just buy the parts (both of these are dealer only parts) and look for the same part on the motor. They will be right in front of you and then you will realize just how easy they are to replace.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please accept as this is how I receive credit for helping you today,
If you have follow ups please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
John Mc

John Mc
John Mc, Mercury Technician
John Mc
John Mc
John Mc, Mercury Technician