Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

99 mercury sable: he had a new heater coil put in, but that..heat.

my son has a 99 mercury sable and has no heat, he had a new heater coil put in, but that didn't help, then this past weekend he put a new thermostat in.. still no heat.. any suggestions?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the car warmed up, can you feel the heater hoses where they go through the firewall and see if both are hot, or if one is hot and one just warm?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi Tim, Thanks for replying.. I just called my son and he's going out to his car right now.. do you mind waiting?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

one is hot and one is luke warm

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
ok, if one is hot and one is just luke warm, then the coolant is not flowing through the heater core, and if the heater core is new, then it has to be a restriction somewhere else, you need to check the heater hoswss and make sure they are free of obstructions, if there are ok, then suspedt the fine on the water pump are corroded off or the hub on the waterpump is loose,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Tim, a nice man next door to my son just looked at the "new heater core" and he said.. thats not a new heater core!..So I think we know what we have to do.. go back to the person who told my son he put one in.. They did check the other parts you suggested and all looks fine .. even the waterpump looks good.. We will have to go back to square 1.. Thank you for your help!