Mercury

Mercury repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 MERCURY mountaineer: /C ONLY BLOW COLD IF I AM DRIVING DOWN..ROAD…

Customer Question
WHY DOES MY A/C ONLY...
WHY DOES MY A/C ONLY BLOW COLD IF I AM DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD 1999 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mercury
6/14/2010
Mercury Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master replied 8 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master

Hi. You may have a low charge, or check the front of the condenser and look for debris like leaves in the fins or in front of the condenser. The condenser is in front of the radiator. Also if the condenser is really damaged from stones and the fins are not in good shape that can cause insufficient cooling if the refrigerant.

Thanks, Eric