kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis: Door Ajar..tight..interior lights stay

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis. The "Door Ajar" light stays on, all doors are shut tight, and the interior lights stay on while driving. I'm assuming I need to replace the Door Jamb Switch. Where is this located? Is it visable on the inside of the door jamb? Do I need to take off the door panel to get to this? How do I know which door this needs to be replaced on?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  kalamykid replied 7 years ago.
The switch is mounted on the door lock latch assembly inside the door shell. You will have to remove the door panel one door at a time and unplug the switch to see witch one it is. Now for the hard part, It is a one wire connector and it is not easy to reach if you have big hands like I do but it can be done. With all doors closed but the one you have the panel off of, when you unplug the switch the lights will go out.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 7 years ago.
DO you need any more help with this problem?
Expert:  kalamykid replied 7 years ago.
Did you find out which door latch was bad?