Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oil migation oit comming out crank chaft also soreding onto…

Oil migation oit comming...

Oil migation oit comming out crank chaft also soreding onto or from Harness

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

2 month ago say the harness has to be replace among other cost 12.000 car was mis fierin on 3 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2012 S550 4 matic Bluetec twin turbo engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took to merchanic he change the coil and spark plug on all eight and still misfire took to a dealer he said oil migation

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car has 150.000 miles on it still paying on car what is the fix

2/6/2020
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou Palomino, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou Palomino
Lou Palomino, Mercedes Technician

Hello my name is Lou.
I am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions, Lou

ok

Hello, so sorry you are having this issue, this is very very common on these engines :(

oil pushes through the solenoids for the cam adjusters on the front of the engine and seeps all the way through the harness to all the parts on the engine including the engine control unit.

This is a very costly fix, I would call mercedes

1(###) ###-####/p>

complain of the issue, and see if they will help with the cost.

This is a HUGE issue in all models since 2012 since that is the first year of the new engine styles

The number above is for Mercedes corporate,, not the dealer.

They will create a case and work with you to help you.

Let me know your thoughts. If you have any follow up questions, please let me know using the reply button. If you are satisfied with my help, please let me know so we can complete your question.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Lou

Do have a idea of the amount or is this the only model with this problem

ALL MERCEDES since 2012, thousands of them.

This engine is the only v8 from 12-current,

and this is happening to all of them.

:(

I was looking at 2010 and was told to.fix mines 12,675 from dealer

yeah 2010 is a different engine.

better engine.

yes I have heard from 5-15k for these repairs because they want to change everything the oil touches

I'm guessing they have to I don't no but your advice is I value anything from 2011 back in the 550 was told that the 550 was bad all together would like to have one from what would you recommend between 2007 and 2011 and will stop bothering you old if.propertly did it.shouldnt be a problem

stay away from 07- but 08-11 good and solid :)

the 550 is not bad.

only the 06-07 ones were. due to the balance shaft and gear issues .

One last question you said that they want to replace everything the oil touch is that really necessary any way to be clean including computer
I cannot answer that as I am not there to see it. All cases are different and you can make the call. If it were me, I would replace the wiring harness and the solenoids that leaked the oil and clean everything else. Either way if something is bad, its bad. Not like it changes much. So just replace them as the parts fail IF they fail. Thats my opinion. Try and save the customer some money.
Lou Palomino
Lou Palomino, Mercedes Technician
Excellent
My concern I need your imput on purchasing or rating of the S550 4 matic Benz from 08 thru 2011 have 2012 that can't afford to fix cause of oil migration and Mercedes want give no assistance need professional advice and my warranty want cover
I was told that the 2012 all thousand with 4.7 twin turbo was a problem had the same problem from you .Made me real concerned about the 559Found 09 550 4matic with 76000mi 2011 same model with 140.000 is this the same engine
Want to know more about 08-11 does do Mileage matter the 09 has 76000 and 2011 has 140000 but one owner can't afford to fix 2012 oil migation

I will need you to create a new question to assist further. click the link below please

Lou

http://www.justanswer.com/new-question/add-details.aspx?tqid=516020275&pt=500&catid=51066&rpt=21004

I did and it was no answer

only 2012 and later with the v8 bi turbo have this problem.

I'm plan to purchase the 09 76000mile good choice now I feel better with your recommendation

Good deal, best of luck

Hope it works out :)

Lou