Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced compressor,expansion valve,dryer, and cleared codes…

Customer Question
Replaced compressor,expansion valve,dryer, and...

Replaced compressor,expansion valve,dryer, and cleared codes still hot air from vents

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Resovour is Lil low but not much no leaks has refrigerant level 4

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 clk430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CLK430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced compressor with oil already in it , dryer, expansion valve , blow out lines , condenser blew out ,under dashblew Out with compressed air. Vacuum system added r134 cleared codes from climate control and checked compressor is engaging

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No error codes when climate control runs diagnostics

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mercedes
7/25/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 years ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician

You verified the compressor is engaging? What are the low and high side pressures when you turn the AC on based on the ambient temperature outside?

I've attached a pressure chart that the pressures should match given the ambient temperature shown in the chart. You didn't mention replacing the low/high pressure switch, I think more than likely either the system is low, or it is faulty and not engaging the compressor. Something definitely doesn't seem right because there's more than one flap motor that controls temperature from different vent locations, so if the compressor is engaging, and the pressures are correct, even if you had one or even TWO faulty flap motors in the heater/ac box in the dash you'd be getting cold air out someplace.

Please verify the system pressures, if they're low, add additional refrigerant using a professional A/C manifold gauge set by hooking the r134a can to the center yellow hose, closing the high side valve (you will still be able to read the high side pressure), opening the low side valve, turning the AC on, and then running the A/C until the pressures match the chart.

If the compressor isn't engaging, and the fans aren't turned on, then replace the pressure switch, because it's likely faulty.

If you check the system pressures and you have much more than about 50 or 55 psi high and low with the compressor off it may not be operating because the system is too full, you can disconnect the electrical connector to the compressor and manually give the ac clutch 12v from the battery to check pressures. If it's about 80 degrees out you'll see 40 or 45 psi low side, and 250 to 275 high side. If you're seeing over 45 or 50 and over 300 respectively, then I think you overfilled the system.

If I've answered your questions to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept because that's the only way I'm compensated for my time, I'm not paid an hourly wage.

If you have further questions please let me know, you can ask follow up questions even after accepting if you need further assistance with this concern later