Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 s320 and the check engine light came on took…

Customer Question
I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 s320 and the check engine light came on took it to the part store it had one code for the transmission speed sensor turbine where is it located an how to change it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i having tried any thing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The check engine light had came on a few time and try to correct the problem before it stuck on

Submitted: 8 days ago.Category: Mercedes
7/11/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 days ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, my name is***** turbine speed sensor is located inside the transmission. The transmission pan and valve body will need to be removed in order to replace the conductor plate on top of the valve body. The conductor plate contains the speed sensors.
Let me know if you need anything else.