Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 s500 4matic and I keep getting codes c1322 and…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 s500 4matic and I keep getting codes c1322 and c1323. I have recently replaced struts because of them failing to stay inflated. After installation I used my solus edge to raise and lower vehicle and it worked as it should. but I keep getting a white error message to visit workshop for suspension. The vehicle no longer lowers when sitting it maintains ride height in the front. but i still get the error message and codes. Since strut replacement it also raises the vehicle in the rear after sitting over night.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid loss. the car rides fine and it lowers itself in the rear as soon as i put the key in or as soon as i sit in the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Mercedes?

S500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/31/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

THIS A KNOW CONDITION ,READ BELOW

FAULT CODE IN AIRMATIC SYSTEM

07/02/2015 | 10:04:21

(WE REPLACED RIGHT FRONT AIRMATIC STRUT DUE TO SAGGING, REPLACED VALVE BLOCK BECAUSE FRONT SUSPENSION WAS DROPPING OVERNIGHT, NOW LIGHT STILL COMES ON ON START UP? CODE C1323,C1322)

You need to to do a leak down test and check the wiring to eliminate them as the cause.

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I am looking for a step by step diagnotstic procedure
I am ASE certified and i would prefer to type
I have checked the resistance on the wiring to solenoids and they both were in specification
12.2 ohm from pin 7 and 9 and 24 ohms from pin 7 to 8

NOT SURE ON THIS ONE,IF U GETTING GOOD READINGS ON SOLENOIDS,WILL OPT OUT FOR OTHER EXPERTS TO ASSIST FURTHER ON IT

Mercedes Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** you still need help with this question

when will the response come?
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,keep in mind that since we are doing this over the internet I need as much info as possible about your issue no matter what seems important or not, all info is helpful. Also please do not simply rate negative if you find an issue with info that is relayed, I am truly here to help and will do what i can to get you the information you need,thanks!

i need you to unplug the solenoid connector then i want you to erase the codes and then re check the codes with the solenoid unplugged and see if the codes change or stay the same, and then i want you to make sure that the pins in the wheel well connection did not get bent, the issue is wiring to the shock connection or the shock itself.

these codes specifically point to the solenoid(shock) on the right front shock.

this is very easy to diagnose, if the issue did not happen until after replacing the shock then the connection is poor, the pins are bent or the shock is bad.

if you want to compare ohm readings from the left front shock to the right front shock i will send you over the wiring diagram.

if you are ase certified you should know how to read a diagram and also ohm wiring , if there is any issue please let me know i can for sure help with this.

Lou

essentially, you can unplug connector 2 of the airmatic module located in the engine bay fuse box housing, ohm terminals 45 and 48 and then compare to ohms of 19 and 22

then ohm 48 and 46 and compare to 22 and 37

if they are not the same then the connection is bad or the shock is bad.

hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified