Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the fuse for the fob located

Customer Question
Where is the fuse for the fob located
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/30/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello my name is Lou.
I am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions, Lou

there is no fuse for the keys fobs, are you talking about the battery?

what is the issue you are having?

also what year is your car i see 2010 and 2015 both listed

2015. I saw a video where a man replaced a fuse and the fob began functioning

oh gotcha,

well not all mercedes work that way.

any fuse would only be for an antenna.

let me check the wiring diagram

how many keys do you have and have you tried them all?

ok point either key directly at that square and press lock or unlock see if it works

must be within 2 feet closer the better

No
Have to get my kids but let me know if u discover anything else

ok ,

ok, we have a bulletin for this,

the software for the keyless go system needs updated.

this can only be done at a dealer.

that will fix you up.

i have attached the bulletin for you to show the dealer.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified