Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My stop/start button suddenly stopped working. Plus my key…

Customer Question
My stop/start button suddenly...

My stop/start button suddenly stopped working. Plus my key won’t lock or unlock doors. And if I try to manually lock the car, I can’t

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Gl450 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just researching. I know the key battery is good. Could I have tripped something or accidentally hit a button

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/30/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Can you explain to me what you mean by if you try to manually lock the car you can't? Are you talking about hitting the lock button with the driver's door open? If you're trying to lock it that way then you have to do it from the passenger door if you do ever the passenger door it will allow it.Do me a favor and try removing your emergency key from your key fob and then insert it into the ignition lock cylinder that's for emergencies. It should be behind the push button start the owner's manual will show a pic how to access it.Let me know if that starts the vehicle or not it may be that your vehicle has low voltage for some reason and that will cause this so I'm trying to determine if the vehicle will start then that means that it's out of voltage situation and we need to look at the keyless entry and start module.
My car starts if I use the key