Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am having issues with an oil leak. I took my car to

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am having issues with an oil leak. I took my car to Walmart for an oil change and the senior automotive technician told me I have a crack in the oil pan and he reccomends a mechanic to address it. I cannot find this crack and have come to the conclusion there isn't one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

The gaskets on the exhaust manifold yes. The horses I have not switched out yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Clk320

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. Due to lack of finances I cannot afford to take it in to the dealership.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/28/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

So a senior mechanic has said you have a cracked oil pan, and you doubt that?

Do you have a photo of the oil leak please?

Gary

Please bear in mind he works at Walmart. I am almost positive whatever issue I am facing is a direct result of a mistake they made as they declined to finish servicing my vehicle and canceled the oil change for "unsafe environment.
I have already removed the oil pan and replaced the gasket and resealed it. There is a unusually large amount that has leaked out from somewhere that I cannot seem to locate. Seems that it is possibly coming from one of the lines that run parallel with the oil pan that are held in place on either side of it with bolts.

Ok, so it didn't have this leak prior to going to Walmart?

Can you give me some more photos?

You may have a case against them, as there is no sign of impact damage.

That is the only way cracks occur.

Gary

No I never had any leaks in my pan to the best of my knowledge. As a matter of fact, I drove my car all the way to Oklahoma and back 1534 miles away with no incidence whatsoever. I will provide more pictures.
One thing I did notice after I left my vehicle with them was that the fitted screws and adjacent bits that hold the splash guard were completely absent. I bought replacements for them to remount my splash guard properly. They used the excuse that my check engine light was on prior to me taking my vehicle to them in the footnotes and left the oil for the change in my vehicle and did not charge me for the service. My check engine light was on but it pertained to a p0450 emissions code which does not effect drivability whatsoever

Can you give me some more shots looking straight up including the oil pan plug?

That is certainly a big leak.

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

Gary