Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 320c drains battery over night and acts like its out of…

Customer Question
2001 320c drains battery...

2001 320c drains battery over night and acts like its out of gas with fuel tank full

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes starts quik -- I can be on the freeway doing 65mph and it does it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Mercedes?

01 320C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the trotle valve a

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes also my keeps getting drained

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

HELLO, MAY I HAVE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER PLEASE. ARE ANY LIGHTS ON DASH? DO YOU HAVE ANY SCAN TOOLS?

v # WDBRF61J21F089194 yes the lights come on I have no scan tools
Mercedes Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

Can you run to local parts house and get me the generic obd codes. Yellow check engine light is on? any others? An ammeter is needed to test for amperage drains. Do you have meter with an ammeter included?