Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

R350 2006, getting message, reverse light, checked bulb,

Customer Question
seems fine, what could the...
R350 2006, getting message, reverse light, checked bulb, seems fine, what could the issue be?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/26/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

In some cases, if the bulb is loose in its socket it will cause this fault here or if the incorrect wattage bulb was installed. Even if the bulb is working o.k. if it is not a direct replacement bulb it will cause this warning here.

I would check the bulb and make sure they are o.k.

If these are all o.k. the issue can be in the rear sam control module. It controls the lights and can fail internally to where it is not reading the bulb feedback signal properly. You would have to have the fault codes read out of the rear sam control unit with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set than those codes would need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

ok, the bulbs seem fine
i can try an original mercedes bulb
pluggin the module, they ask for money

I would try an original bulb and see if it resolves the fault. But if it doesn't, unfortunately, it does have to be plugged into either a dealers SDS machine to read out the codes or a compatible scan tool/computer that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set. This is the only way to see if the SAM itself has a fault or if there is anything else. But usually, it is the bulb or the sam at fault, unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete