Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The airconditioning fan not working no air coming out. No…

Customer Question
The airconditioning fan not...

The airconditioning fan not working no air coming out

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

No leaks , the fan is not working no air coming out of the vents

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

ML(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES, TURN ON THE AIRCON AND FAN IT LOOK LIKE AIRCON IS WORKING BUT THE FAN DOESNT TURN ON

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THATS IT PEARL

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Mercedes
5/26/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 23 days ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello my name is Lou.
I am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions, Lou

the fan is located under the passenger side of the dash, get down there and remove the panel and bang on the bottom of the fan see if it comes on

if it does then the fan is the issue and will need replaced

if it does not then the resistor assembly is bad and is located with the fan

Lou

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

the fuse is located under the passenger front seat. its fuse 91 , under the carpet and under the vent and to the left of the battery mounted to the trans tunnel

it can be blown as well also make sure that if you replace or pull the fuse to make sure the terminal for the fuse dont push out the back of the fuse holder, i have experienced this myself and it causes lots of issues with a poor connection.

Lou