Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will getting an ABC flush help extend the life of the system…

Customer Question
Will getting an ABC...

Will getting an ABC flush help extend the life of the system and what is the price of an ABC flush??

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2005 SL 500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO. NOT UNLESS IT'S EASY TO DO. THE LIGHTS CAME ON BUT IT WAS JUST LOW FLUID LEVELS. JUST WONDERING WHETHER IT'S WORTH DOING THE FLUSH AND THE PRICE

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

IT SAID VISIT SHOP. I CHECKED THE LEVEL OF THE FLUID IT WAS VERY LOW. TOP IT UP WITH 1 QUART OF FLUID. SEEMS OK NOW.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Mercedes
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
no
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
hello
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
hello, just another scam
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
you will be reported
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/25/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 29 days ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

yes flushing and replacing the ABC oil with fresh oil will extend the life of the system

its about 1.5 hours - 2 hours labour for a garage + the price of the oil (8-10ltrs $200)

so depending on where you take it (dealer $250 / hour or shade tree mechanic $50 / hour) will change the price for the job

however its not that difficult if you fnacy having a go yourself

1. Do a good cleaning around the ABC container. - Its best that the entire container is drained first, because there can be lots of dirt in the bottom.
2. Disconnect the hose going to the big cap on top on the ABC container. Connect the end of this hose to a clear hose and put it in a bowl that can contain at least 10 liters of oil. You need a clear hose, because then you can watch when the oil running through is a nice clean green color.
3. Remove the lid and ABC oil filter, again take care so that dirt do not get into the ABC oil container. Ready 10 liters of Pentosin CHF 11S.
4. Have a good strong light available so you can always observe the oil level in the container during the flush.
5. Have a friend turn on the car ignition
6. From the inside of the car, use the raise button up and down to cycle the ABC oil. Take GREAT care not to let the ABC container run dry. The flow is not very fast, even when the car is being raised, but if you need a brake, just turn off the engine and fill the container again.
7. After flushing about 8 liters the oil should be nice green again.
8. After you are finished, replace the ABC oil filter and make sure the oil level is correct.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 25 days ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt