Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

NEED WIRING DIAGRAM FOR 1983 MERCEDES 380 SL CLUSTER. The…

Customer Question
NEED WIRING DIAGRAM FOR...

NEED WIRING DIAGRAM FOR 1983 MERCEDES 380 SL CLUSTER

Mechanic's Assistant: If you don't mind, tell me why you need it. Sometimes that information helps.

The middle peace on the 15 pin plug is broken want to make sure the wire goes on right pin

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Might need a new cluster

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
5/25/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Amedee, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Mercedes Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Here is a wiring diagram for the instrument cluster on your vehicle. It is spread over a few pages. Click the links below to view the diagrams.

2d194173-f9f3-4163-8b83-...png2d19417...png09c36a7d-aa41-4b3c-a82b-...png09c36a7...png2002f240-179b-4e5c-9613-...png2002f24...pnge887beac-c30d-4c14-a269-...pnge887bea...png

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

this is not what i'm looking for
i paid 46 $ if we talk you want another 32$
That is the wiring diagram for the cluster. That is what you asked for.
If not, then what exactly are you looking for?
i explained on the chat with the woman,in any case i will explain one more time .
i have a cluster 1983 mercedes 380sl, the plug that has 15 pin the middle part is broken so i need to be sure it plugs in the right hole, there are some numbers on the plug but nothing on cluster with the pins sticking up, no numbers on the cluster, i hope it clear
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, different expert here. My name is***** you still need help with this?

Good morning! Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Because of the age of the vehicle, I don't have a connector view or pin-out chart for the cluster. However, you can use the wiring diagrams I have provided you with to match up the color wires going to the cluster. If your saying that there are no numbers on the connector or the instrument cluster, I would recommend to get a new cluster connector from the same year, make, and model vehicle. You would likely need to get this from a junk yard or by searching the internet. If you need further assistance or would like me to clear anything up for you, please let me know.

I can provide you with the pin locations if you still need help. Just let me know.